Friday 26 April 2013

Recent Reads...


There are days when our lives get stressful or just plain boring. This has always been a common thing in my past and only recently, I have began experiencing severe amounts of boredom- although my days should be occupied with studies.

Nonetheless, there is always time in our busy schedules, to relax and unwind, even if it is for a second. For me the perfect way to escape stress and boredom, apart from facing it with a 'good movie, hot coco and marshmallows', is to read a good book and escape into another world, filled with excitement. Sounds exciting right?  

Recently I have been occupied with re-reading a few books, just to make use of them, they were laying on my bookshelf, begging to be opened. 

Although I own a library of books, my current and favourite reads are:



To Kill a Mockingbird- by Harper Lee.
Based on racism in the 1930s, in southern America. This book is a real tear jerker and is in my top favourites. 



One day- by David Nicholls.
Based on two students, Dexter and Emma, who meet on the night of their graduation and continue their relationship into the future, it follows their life for the next 20 years. This book is perfect if you love a romantic novel, although sorrow is heavily involved... I shall say no more.



I don’t know how she does it- by Allison Pearson.
Based on a super mum (not literally), who balances her work and family life until exhaustion kicks in. An amazing book for everyone to read. 



They F*** You Up- by James Oliver. 
This one is the unusual one in my picks. Based on psychology, this book is extremely interesting, with useful tips on life and escaping family drama. 

I strongly recommend these books, if you are a bookworm. If you have decent taste in books, you may have stumbled upon these already. If so... great! If not... What are you waiting for?

A. Boston. X

No comments:

Post a Comment