Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year… New You


It’s that time of the year again, where we reminisce about the past 12 months of our lives, evaluating the good times and the bad. We set resolutions based on past experiences to become better people, lead better and healthier lives and for some, to be more kind and giving. These are all things we should be working on each and ever singe day of our lives- I’m not trying to murder the New Year spirit. It would be hypocritical of me to bash the view of keeping New Year resolutions, as I have made many in the past and hopefully will continue doing so. Having said that, I make resolutions each and every single day of my life, making resolutions on the 31st December, is no different than making a resolution on the 1st July.  I have made a few resolutions yesterday, which will make me a better person today and hopefully in the coming weeks, months and years.



The past 12 months of my life have been the most eventful, with many ups and downs. 2013 can be described as a roller coaster of emotions. I failed at certain things, which really knocked my confidence, however I found true failure is refusing to rise up. We learn from out mistakes and life is too short to dwell on the negative things. Surround yourself with happiness and positive people and you will witness great happenings. 

On a brighter note, 2013 has seen me through some wonderful moments... from travelling, to attending  graduation ceremonies and starting my blog- something, which I thought would be impossible. One morning, I felt the sudden urge to create a blog, which included most aspects of my life; from travelling, fashion and reviews and so much more. Almost 9 months on and I've made a decent start. Although I haven’t been blogging for a while, it's something that I am truly passionate about. Being a final year student takes it toll on my schedule as my time is taken up by studying. Hopefully my blogging will become constant within the coming months. To conclude my year, here are a few collages from 2013. The places I travelled and the moments I enjoyed with loved ones.


Remember changes are made every day; it’s the small ones that contribute to the greater success. One thing I have learnt from last year is... to be confident and never let the fear of speaking up hold you back. Do what makes YOU happy and everything will fall into place. Have a fantastic 2014 and may the year ahead bring you many moments of joy and happiness. Make each day count... Happy New Year!



A. Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment