Friday 19 July 2013

Exhibit A- Nars Blusher.



Red, many people like the colour, some label it after a music album- you guessed it right, Taylor Swift and some think of it as a daring shade. However when it comes to cosmetics, red is mostly worn on the lips. Although you see many people with rosy red cheeks, this is probably the effect of a rosy coloured pink blush, or a reddish tint. I haven't met many people who would wear a bright red shade on their cheeks, as they may think it's ‘too much’. 

After spending my time at a Nars cosmetic counter, I discovered a bright red blusher- this was the same blusher I had set my eyes on, whilst vacationing in New york. With a slight mix up at JFK airport, I was given a completely different shade. When applied to the cheeks, this blusher wasn’t as half as daring as it looked in the pallet. This is now my favourite shade for the summer, as I'm usually a cheek tint kind of person. Making this transition was a huge step forward.


I’m no professional when it comes to make up, but knowing which shades will enhance your features, is a good start. The world of cosmetics is fun, as you can experiment with colours and all types of products. I felt just that, when purchasing the Nars blush. ‘Exhibit A’ is a playful shade and is suitable for most skin tones- from fair skinned to olive. It can be applied lightly for a barely there or a natural flushed look. If you are attending a party or an event, it can be re applied to give your cheeks an instant pop of colour.





I find Nars blushers to be of excellent quality. Although they may be a little pricey there is enough product to last and as it is highly pigmented, a little goes a long way. However, there may be other alternatives at half the price, unfortunately I haven’t discovered them yet. But if you are searching for a top quality blusher, I highly recommend Nars.

Red doesn’t have to be for special occasions, go wild and show your bright side. I hope you all have a fantastic friday and weekend.



A. Boston 

No comments:

Post a Comment