Monday 9 September 2013

Dark Delights... The Benefits of Dark Chocolate



We all love chocolate. For those who say they don’t, I bet they secretly do. Did you know certain foods have cocoa additives to boost the flavour? Many people consume chocolate, every hour or so, per day- that includes me. For some it may be a weekly, or a monthly thing, as we know too much of the sweet stuff can impact on your health and weight.

Recently I was adding a few simple changes to my diet and I realised chocolate was the main consumed item on my list. Although I snack on fruits and vegetables I need my chocolate. I know I should narrow my consumption to maybe once a week, so I started researching on how bad- or good chocolate actually is. I found some great tips and found my holy grail. Dark chocolate.

I know for many of you the idea of making a switch to darker chocolate is like asking you to eat the same cereal, for the rest of your life- although the idea of lucky charms for breakfast sounds dandy. But dark chocolate not only tastes good, it has actual health advantages we could all benefit form. Below are a few positives of crossing over, to the dark side…

  • Dark chocolate can actually help aid in weight loss.
  • Dark chocolate has the same effect coffee has on our body and may act as a stimulant. 
  •  Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants- this helps the body get rid of radicals, which can cause damage to our cells.
  • Dark chocolate helps control blood sugar levels. 
  • Dark chocolate contains healthy vitamins and minerals.
  • Dark chocolate protects your skin against the sun.
  • Dark chocolate helps in the brain function process.
  • The higher percentage of dark chocolate, the more benefits it has- Try bars containing around the 70%- 90% cocoa. 


Now that we have established some fun facts, lets make the switch. Bring out the chocolate. Happy Monday. I hope you have a lovely day and an awesome start to the week.


A. Boston. 





No comments:

Post a Comment