Sunday 23 June 2013

The Mac Is Back.


I remember purchasing my first mac (also known as the trench coat). I had been searching for the perfect one for years and often found it difficult. Some were too long, too short, the material was not suitable, or the shade was not appealing- I can be quite picky. After all the searching, I found my perfect match. I was shopping in Zara one weekend and there it was, hanging on the rails, the prefect shade of beige, calling my name. This was the first mac I had seen in years, which ticked all the right boxes. Not only that, the style was Gucci inspired, minus the price tag. Ever since, I have been making great use of my mac and wear it when the weather is cool or during the rainy days.


Macs are timeless wardrobe staples, when I think of a beige mac, I am instantly reminded of Audrey Hepburn’s role as ‘Holly Golightly’, in the classic ‘Breakfast at Tiffanies’- the scene is which she shares a kiss in the rain, with Geroge Peppard. I feel everyone should own at least one mac if not more. Beige macs are my favourite, they are very versatile and can be styled for an all year round experience, even in the summer period. Teaming a mac with some black skin-tight jeans, a pretty top and some heeled boots is trendy for a casual day. If you are attending a formal meeting, choosing to team your mac with a dress and some heels gives off a professional yet stylish feel. Virtually any outfit will compliment the mac, be it a dress, skirt or jeans etc. handbags of all sizes compliment the mac and most will do just fine. I prefer my bags on the larger side, a girl can never have too many things to carry.





Mac Coat- Zara.
Top- Zara.
Jeans- Top Shop Leigh Jeans.
Boots- Vintage from France. 




A. Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment