Thursday 13 June 2013

Algarve it is...


I spent a week in Algarve (Portugal). This was my first journey to a European country. I enjoy travelling; the whole experiencing new cultures as well as the history and meeting people, brings me a thrill. I enjoy city life and all the tourist activities one would find abroad.

However, my time in Portugal was slightly different to my usual travelling experiences. The main reason being, this was a totally ‘chilled out’ vacation. For the duration of my week, I lounged about the poolside, frolicked on the beach- which I might add was literally 5 minutes from my accommodation, I ate cheese omelettes with fries and not forgetting the fish and chips. Could my vacation get any better?

I did not get the opportunity for sight seeing and there were no iconic landmarks, which I could visit. My vacation promoted the relaxed, seaside feel and my time was taken up by the poolside.

If you are the type of person who enjoys travelling to places, which promote the relaxing factor; lounging by the sun-beds and soaking up the sun, well I think you may have found your next destination…

For those who are more tuned into city breaks and exploring, Algarve may not be as appealing and you may find other cities in Portugal, to be well accustomed to your exploring needs. But remember that saying… ‘Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it’, well the best of both worlds seems a good way to go... you may find you enjoy seaside vacations.  J


















A. Boston. X



No comments:

Post a Comment