Sunday 28 July 2013

Vintage.

Today was an exciting and emotional day, mixed with positive highs. It was my best friend’s graduation and I felt privileged to have been invited. Being surrounded by students in their gowns, there is something quite inspiring about that… what career will they go into, they may become future leaders in some shape or form. I will be graduating next summer, with my degree in Event Management and the idea of walking up on a high platform stage makes me feel nervous- just in case I stumble onto the crowd and squish them. Imagine that, walking in high heels to collect your award and stumbling face forward, with thousands of people watching. Oh the embarrassment. To make things sweeter, I was informed my final year in university will be the most difficult- yet rewarding.  I’m mentally preparing myself for a year of commitment to my studies, even if it means cutting of my social life... well maybe a little balance and prioritisation won't hurt anyone.



I have only ever attended one graduation; my sister’s and I wore a dress for the occasion.  This time I wanted a change, a pretty top and some black jeans did the trick- a mix between trendy and borderline formal. Pairing a pretty green sparkly top, with summer inspired prints and some black jeans, were the perfect combination. This was the first time I wore this top. It was lying in my wardrobe for quite some time and it's now my favourite fashion piece. 



A brown shoulder bag, completed my look and complimented my brown mango heels. The weather had a mind of its own, the transition from sunny to cloudy. Although it was humid, I felt the need to throw on my vintage jacket, just in case... 

Jacket- Vintage, Shirt Top- Vintage, Bag- Vintage, Heeled Boots- Mango, Watch- Michael Kors, Bracelet- Links of London. 


I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday. Have fun and make the most of the day, because we all know what happens next… Monday! Exciting times.   



A. Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment