Saturday 3 August 2013

Friends For Ever...


It was my best friends 21st birthday and I spent the day with the closets friends I have. We enjoyed a day full of fun activities and food galore. We reminisced about how long we have been friends and all the past memories we have shared. An array of memories and images, exceeding the 18GB space I have on my USB- yes we enjoy taking pictures. I would like to thank not only my best friends from my home city, but also my friends from across the globe, for being the most supporting and awesome pals ever. We have a lifetime of memories to create ad more gigabytes of disk spaces to fill.



Friendship is truly a blessing. Being able to spend time with people who make you happy- and not only enjoying yourself, but people who genuinely care about you, encourage and inspire you to do good, it's a wonderful feeling. There are many definitions of a friendship, but for me a friend is someone who will always be there for you, as vague and clichéd as that sounds. Anyone can be labelled as a ‘friend’ but that’s not something that makes a friend. You have a duty to fill and you try your best to maintain your friendship.


During my early teenage years as a freshman in high school, I didn’t have a pool of friends. For me it was never the quantity; it was the quality of the friends I made. You can be surrounded by an ocean of friends, and yet feel lonely. In high school and throughout college, I have witnessed  people who were the 'closest of friends' get caught up in tangents, break up and then move on to making new friends. It seemed there were differing levels of friendship and amid all this it wasn’t hard for me to spot the great qualities in a good friend. I’m no psychologist, but I can tell the difference between a good friend and bad friend as I have experienced the latter in great doses.


I shall elaborate a little further, most of which is commonly said… a friend is someone who you can share everything with- secrets and food- yes caring is sharing. A friend tries their best to maintain a healthy relationship- planning meetings and outings, or if you live worlds apart, then a Skype session is always on hand. A friend can tell when something is wrong or upsetting you and they try their best to comfort you. A friend never lies and is honest, even if you hear an answer you weren’t expecting. A friend is someone who will bug you and demand for your attention. A friend is someone who you can picture will be in your future and throughout your lifetime. 


I have probably mentioned the obvious, but I feel we should be grateful for the friends we have in our lives- without them you wouldn’t be the happy person you are today... at least I wouldn’t. Take a moment to spare in your life and let you friends know how important they are. A constant reminder is a heartfelt gesture and makes your friendship grow stronger. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.



A.Boston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment